Thursday, May 3, 2012

Why The Heck Would I do a Triathlon

I am starting this blog to document my progress towards my first triathlon. 

Why would I want to to a triathlon you may ask?  Well why wouldn't I?  How many reasons do you need.  It's a great way to get and stay healthy. I can check this off of my bucket list.  And besides I think it would be awesome to say "Hi, my name is Russ, and I am a triathlete".

So I have set a goal for myself to complete a sprint triathlon without taking any breaks in 2012.  This is something that I have wanted to accomplish for a long time.  I remember as a kid watching coverage of the Ironman Triathlon in Hawaii and thinking to myself, "These people are amazing!"  The strength and endurance these people have is truly awesome!

While the Sprint distance is more my level versus an Ironman, it is still an awesome event.  I have to admit that there are some ulterior motives in play here.  The goal of completing a triathlon is not the only reason that I am competing.  I am also using this event as a motivator for weight loss.  Along with that, I'm trying to use the event to help inspire those close to me to get healthy as well.  How awesome would that be?

No comments:

Post a Comment