Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Training log: Week of 13 July 2015

Monday - Rest Day
I've been struggling with a bit of IT band soreness on my left leg.  I rolled it out with the foam roller before bed and that seemed to help.

Tuesday 
The IT band was feeling a little better when I went out for my run this morning. I had to cut it short though after only two miles due to lightning. Afterwards, I noticed it was getting little achy again, so I continued massaging it with a softball in the car on the way to work.  

Wednesday 
My leg felt good in the morning but strong thunderstorms rolled through just in time to keep me from running.  

Friday
Well this has been one of those unplanned recovery weeks.  Missed another session yesterday because my daughter was up all night with an upset stomach. But today I finally made it out the door. Four miles first thing in the morning.  Empty stomach, no fuel.  Just some water before I started.  No leg or IT pain today.  Hopefully that is a sign that the weekend workouts will be good.  

Saturday 
Well the trend continued.  Missed another workout.  Blah.  What a week!?

Sunday
Hot and humid morning run. No pre run fuel.  Just water along the way.  Stopped at just under six miles.  Tried out the new arm coolers.  Pretty nice.  I think that they may work a little better if the humidity was lower though or if there were a more consistent wind.  When it did blow, the cooling was noticeable.  

No comments:

Post a Comment